Monday, December 3, 2007

3:45am...really????


So I have been trying to be obedient in waking up in the middle of the night when God is trying to tell me something. I'm not one to really wake up from a deep sleep so when I do I know something is up. So the other night I had been absoutely exhausted...God decides to wake me-not just awake enough to realize that I am awake...no, WIDE AWAKE! I thought I could play it off and just pray. Lift up friends,family, people on my heart...NOPE.

I knew that if I opened my Bible I would be up for probably over an hour, but I did it. I had no clue where to read or what to study, so I was thinking about all of the books and opened to Job. I was reading the forward/overview of the book and it was totally what I needed to hear. I had been talking to a friend earlier that day and was thinking about that a lot...realizing I also needed to tell her to read it. This is the part that caught me...Job was a prosperous farmer living in the land of Uz. He had thousands of sheep, camels, and other livestock, a large family, and many servants. Suddenly, Satan the Accuser came before God claiming that Job was trusting God only because he was wealthy and everything was going well for him. And thus the testing of Job's faith began. Satan was allowed to destroy Job's children, servants, livestock, herdsman, and home: but Job continued to trust in God. Next Satan attacked Job physically, covering him with painful sores. Job's wife told him to curse God and die (2:9) but Job
suffered in silence.

So everything was taken away from Job. Im thinking...INSANE! Yeah right...so coming off of my last post with being out of my comfort zone...funny! Anyway, there was a guy from last thurs when I went to feed the homeless who said he wasn't homeless because he "had" everything he needed..which included a sweatshirt, shirt, pants, and a pair of boots. CRAZY! So the book goes on to talk about Job's life while he had everything going for him-to now having nothing and still trusting the Lord with everything.

This past tuesday I was meeting with a couple of friends and we were talking about Proverbs 3:5-6. A lot of people know it and it was probably one of the first verses you memorized, but have you really thought of all the truth behind it? I have been
studying the Will of God. There are three types...Providential, Moral, and Personal. Providential is what is going to happen either way, Moral is what we know will happen anyway, through commandments, etc. Personal is found but being more
aware and familiar with the other two will's. So through Proverbs 3:5-6, leads you to the personal will...Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, Lean not on your OWN understanding...then all of your paths will be made straight. That's a lot right???

So bringing this back to Job...He put ALL of his trust in God! Even when he had everything he could imagine to quickly having nothing. So I am in that trusting God stage. Learning how to be obedient and rely more on God than people and the things I am familiar with. Getting out of my comfort zone....exactly my point!
HUH?!?!

No comments: