Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Pageant

...so last night I went to my first Christmas Pageant...I didn't really know what to think about it, but I loved it! There were definitely some interesting parts, but overall, I thought it was a great performance and really showed the love and life of Jesus. I have heard over and over again and again the story of Jesus with the disciples at the Last Supper, before he was betrayed and hung on the cross. Seeing the picture actually played out, opened my eyes. I know it was a show and it may not have been more extreme, but the fact is that Jesus died for my/our sins and through that we can have the most amazing love relationship ever! I dont know why it hit me so hard at that time, I mean its not like I never knew that before or even believed it in my heart, soul, and mind...it was just the overall picture of it happening in front of me. Kind of overwhelming in some sense and heartbreaking in another. I have also always heard, "Die to yourself and live in Christ daily." But, do you really understand that picture either? So anyway...last night was big for me. Going to my first pageant and taking in the fullness of the cross. WOW! It is so important to surrender everything to Him...I know its hard, and I honestly can't say that I have truly surrendered everything in my life, that is a part of my life to him. Sad to say...that I can't trust the maker of the entire universe with my worries, struggles, temptations, thougths, hopes, etc.

This now takes me back to knowing his will for my life. I want to be living out every moment of my life for Him...He deserves it and should have our whole heart. The cool thing....He wants us to know the will for your life, even more than you want to know it yourself! I find that a lot of times I struggle with not going to the Lord about a situation or circumstance before talking to someone else about it first and getting their opinion. I realized...thats not always bad! We were reading through 1 Kings 12:1-15. "God has given us one another and the body of Christ to help facilitate the decision making process. So after this I mean, I felt better about decisions I have made, but it doesn't mean I can just ask the advice of others, it is not just as important but more important to go to the Lord with everything. I think thats it for now...I dont know how much of this makes much sense..a little exhausted!

No comments: