Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bored...

I am just sitting in class...pretty bored with a major headache! Anyway, I was sitting at the park the other
day studying Nehemiah. His heart for the people and city amazes me and I want to be like him in that
way. So while I was sitting there God spoke to me in a crazy way...through a little girl about 3 years old.
I was sitting near a picnic table all by myself and this little girl ran out of the bathroom with no pants
on. Her Dad is quickly following her with another baby in a sling with her pants in his hand. He told her
to jump up onto the table so he could put her pants on. So...he got her pants on and she started crawling
down...her Dad quickly stopped her and said, "Why don't you try and jump down," and she said, "But
Daddy I might fall and get hurt..." He replied and encouraged her to try it and he would catch her if she
was falling down. So she got back on the table and took the big jump...LANDED and got up and ran away
laughing hysterically...the Dad looks at me and said, "How awesome is that!"

So I quickly became convicted and started thinking about my relationship with God. I feel like so
often I am asked/called to take that "jump" and I take the easy way out and just crawl down. The
funny thing to me is that, crawling isn't always the easier way out...I feel like I always ask God to
show me ways to obey Him and what he is calling me to do...so when this happens, I NEED TO
LISTEN! Gesh...

well class is getting busy and my teacher keeps looking at me...Ha

No comments: