Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whoa..

This week has been pretty crazy...great, but crazy! I feel like I am learning so much right now, not only from the Word and being consumed in the Truth, but in school and at work (Summit). I am going through Nehemiah and absolutely awestruck by his love for Jerusalem. The commitment he had to rebuilding the wall and not letting down...but the thing that really grasped my heart was the ownership that took place in Chapters 1 and 2. This is the first book of the Bible that I have really taken the time to really sit down and be intentional about studying, so it may be from excitement, but I really think God is going to do something big in my heart, making me a Nehemiah. Taking ownership of not only my relationship with God himself, but ministry in general. I dont know if He is calling me to full-time vocational ministry or living out my life in full potential for Him, but Nehemiah sure had a dedication to his country. When Nehemiah feels this call from God to rebuild the wall, there was a lot of controversy from the officials and guards and this is how Nehemiah responded, "The God of heaven will help us succeed. We, his servants, will start rebuilding this wall. But you have no share, legal right, or historic claim in Jerusalem" (Neh. 2:20) He knows it is not the safest thing to do, but knows that God called him to it and he leads in obedience.

God story: So this week was very encouraging. Tonight one of the girls in my community group came up to me after Ignite and shared with me her encounter with the Lord! She is one who has been hard to reach because she is quiet and in a way insecure. I have seen her upset before but the difference between being upset about something and being broken about something was made so clear to me. She was dealing with a specific issue and last week, was just confused about it and not knowing where to go. So as a group we encouraged her to dive into the Word and let her heart be captivated by him...We prayed for her that night and left it at that. When she approached me tonight she had this light to her...a peace about the situation and estatic about what God was teaching her through the book of Proverbs. She couldn't stop smiling and just kept telling me how the Word was speaking to her and how she felt she could really have a conversation with God...how amazing! God is Good!

The more I seek you,
The more I find you,
The more I find you,
The more I love you! Lord, let me be captivated by your word and live to glorify you...

No comments: